Saturday, December 12, 2015

Divorce

This has been a topic that has recently been a bigger deal in my life than I ever thought it would be. My sweet boyfriend has parents who are divorced. This isn't a huge deal in our relationship, but I can see how it affects his life. When people get in a divorce, some don't realize who else their choices are going to affect. It will affect their children, their parents, their siblings, their grandchildren, and so on. It's a ripple effect. By their one pebble being dropped in the pond, everything can be shaken and moved. One thing that I've learned, from observation and experience with family members, is marriage ends because of corruption. President Kimball of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints said that any man and women can have a successful marriage if they are willing to "pay the price". As long as two people are willing to put in that effort to make things work and to be patient and compromise. I am very grateful that my parents aren't divorced, but I feel for those who have had that trial in their life. I know that through Jesus Christ, anything is possible, and that includes an eternal marriage and a strong, righteous family. The church is true. The eternal family is the foundation of all things. I am so grateful for my family and all that they do for me, and I can't wait to start my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment