Saturday, December 12, 2015

Parenting

The one thing that scares me the most about the future is parenting. The balance between discipline and love and letting your child make their own choices just seems so impossible to me. I don't know how my parents did it, but they have seven amazing children who are good. Parenting is much harder than I ever thought. The more I talk about it and learn about it, the more it scares me. Children should have the opportunity to make their own decisions, but a parent should step in if it's 1) Too dangerous 2) Has consequences that are to far off to benefit and 3) If others are affected. Things like what your child eats and what they wear will affect them, but shouldn't have to strong of a consequence. You should't let your child run free and uncaring, but you also can't be so cold towards them like a dictator. When I was younger, I always thought the my parents were really strict. A;though they were pretty tough, they were just trying to keep me from doing something stupid. I love my parents and I hope I can be as good as they are someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment